THE WAR REPORT

10.10.2005

WE'VE TAKEN AMSTERDAM!
As you know, we are at war. Malach would like to announce, that the Bucko Brigade has officially taken control of Holland. As you can see by these articles of surrender, they have already started installing the Pictures of Murk as if he was Mao Tse Tung. As you can also see, they quote verbatim from the Bible of Malachia. We even have Comixpedia.org (WebcomicWiki new name) worried. See the recent conversation of Malach and some Admins. And soon my pretties, you will hear the silky sweet serpents tongue of Malach and Murk, our new podcast is 99% ready for broadcast.

So where does this leave you? You do not want to be left out when we take over? Join the ranks of the swelling army by contacting the Generalissimo, or sign up for swelling ranks the Buckos Brigade!

Now this also means you will soon have a new ReInventing Webcomics article, that those Tulip Boys can stress over, and a new Wraith soon, and perhaps several more pages of Star Crossed Lovers.

Hail the New World Order!

About Yesterday's Blog.
Yes, it was a bit tear jerking and sad, and today I have another one for you. I am not a morose person, nor do I dwell over death much, but sometimes these things come out.

I had a friend in college, who I will refer to him as "Herliflea" or "B", for short. Herliflea and I were friends since the middle of freshman year. He was the first gay person I had ever been friends with. It took B two years of college to realize he was gay (he was gayer that Carson Kressley, he would set a room on fire he was so flaming), mainly because of his strict Catholic upbringing, and his fear of rejection.

We all knew B was gay, even though he denied it, and when he finally came out of the closet, it kind of shocked him no one was surprised. He one time asked me why, and I told him he was the "Faggiest Fag, I have ever met". He just kind of laughed. He was a very kind, loving, and caring person. He would walk through fire for any of his friends. He was about the most true and loyal non family member I have ever met. When he finally told his parents that he was gay, they basically cut off all contact with him. That did not go over well especially with his depression. We became his family. He was the mother.

I spent 5 years with him in college, I graduated, he stayed on, and we stayed in touch. I visited him so often. He was on the 10 year college plan, and to make ends meet became an RA. I knew this was a mistake, and told B so, but I understood, it was a easy war for him to save and make money. B was a bit of a walking party, and I knew that would not change much, even with RZ status. B was so kind and motherly, that he began to have underclassmen, at his RA suite to drink and such, so they would not get in trouble. Another big mistake.

I was not present for any of these parties, but heard about them on occasion, but never really said anything. It seems one night, a rather large party was going on at his suite, and a freshman student overdosed on something. I don't know what it was, or exactly how it happened, but the kid suffered some minor brain damage from it. Needless to say, B felt a lot of guilt over that, more guilt as he was raked over the coals by the school, stripped of his RA status, and charged with some type of accessory to harming minors. He also had the potential to be expelled.

B had suffered from depression from the time he was "concious of his homosexuality" (puberty). Well, from what I understand, this is about the worst depression anyone had ever seen him in. I tried calling him that week, but only got his answering machine. When I did not hear from him, so I decided that I would go see him the next day after work. I never got that chance.

B commited suicide. I am going to try to say this with out sound very strange, but being the drama queen that he was, he could not do the easy thing. I went for a drive in his car, to the beach, several miles from school. Drove onto the beach, way down past the high tide line, and let the tide come in on him. I never found out if drowing was the official cause of death. The next morning as the tide rolled out, there was his car, and his body, for the morning beach goers.

I have done two paintings, for B. One is above the other is in a office in Fall River (I have not photo'd it). This was done while he was living. This is outside the painting studio at school, a chair he loved to sit in and watch me or someone else paint. While B was a decent drawer, he was fascinated by painting. I am not sure why I painted it with him not in the chair, but in hindsight, the painting captured him and his death ideally. His vibrancy, his color, his life .. . and the empty chair of his death. The song Wave of Mutilation, by the Pixies, also now has a different meaning for me. B, being a Queen, was mostly into showtunes, and dance music. Hated the Pixies, except loved this song.

Wave of Mutilation - Pixies
cease to resist,
giving my goodbye
drive my car,
into the ocean
you'll think i'm dead,
but i sail away
on a wave of mutilation
a wave
wave
i've kissed mermaids,
rode the el nino
walked the sand,
with the crustaceans
could find my way,
to mariana
on a wave of mutilation,
wave of mutilation
wave of mutilation
wave
wave of mutilation
wave


I still think about B every so often, and my Uncles death brought some of that back. OK, another weird aside. The Blogger spellcheck, of course does not recognize "Herliflea", but it suggested replacement is "whirlpool" . . . Freaky.

This will be the end of the morose postings for a while.

I am Malach, and I wish Herliflea could see what I am doing now.

1 comments:

He can...I'm sure if you close your eyes with a pencil in your hand, he would show you.

*HUGS*