Perception.

9.14.2005

You look but you don't see . . .
Perception is a powerful thing. It can cause war, love, cult, rapture, intolerance; many, many things.

This is a painting by Vincent Van Gogh:


How does this painting make you feel? What is it that you perceive? What emotion does it bring from your depths?

Now, look at the image again. Did you know this was the last painting Van Gogh painted before he died? That as soon as he finished it, he pulled out a revolver and shot himself in the stomach? That three days later he died of infection?

How do you feel now? What is you perception now? What emotions rise up from your guts?

Malach's Quote of the Day.
A new feature to Dropping My Daily Stool Sample. I will post a new quote everyday. Today's I have two from Mr. Van Gogh.

When I have a terrible need of - shall I say the word - religion. Then I go
out and paint the stars.

It is the painting these days, that keeps me sane



The Mood of Red Sox Nation
Boderline panic, as the Yanks make a run for first.

Michael Vick Signed by the Ravens!!!
Oh sorry, I meant Kordell Stewart . . .

Hey those Germans, they know how to kill things.
This is a great story . . . honestly though, if it brings down the price of gas?

Updates.
Well RubberSuit Studios passed half a million hits on 9/12. Thanks to all you buckos. I have been informed by Hex, that new episodes of The New West, should be coming my way shortly. Now if I can olny get Big Uncle Gorilla to send me some more Notched Blade, we'd be peachy keen. Remember, were are also looking for interesting stuff so send it to me.

Don't forget, our Links Exchange and Advertising. It has been going well so far, but you need more hit, use us for them.

And for laughs, check out my rap battles.

As always, I am Malach, and I can Turn that Motha out.

2 comments:

Andy T. Nguyen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andy T. Nguyen said...

I see it smiling at me, an evil smile most foul.