Smoke 'em if you got 'em, yo!

8.27.2005

I was gonna hit the ball, until I got high . . .
As many of you know, I play softball, as many gods my age do. We had someone suspended by the commissioner this year for 10 games, for smoking marijuana at a game. This person, was 64 year old. Now I am not particularly anti-pot (to me pot does no more to you than having several beers), nor is it something I currently engage in, but it is illegal, and was being done at a very large, very populous local park, on the bench; and to top it off the man is older than my father. You want to smoke, what's wrong with

a.) the privacy of your own house?
b.) you car?
c.) the three acre wood right next to the field.

The Chinese Cowboys are no more . . .
I have mentioned in a previous blog about the Chinese Cowboys (For some reason my archives only have a snapshot of that month, and not the actual individual post, but if you hit the link it is toward the bottom of the page; damn you Google). Well, they closed about a month ago, and reopened as a Chinese resturaunt . . . It is a sad day in Malachville.

Gardening at night.
I love to garden, 'nuff said.

I wanna Rock -N- Roll all night.
Here is a list of concerts I have been to in my life, with a little comment. Someday I will make a nice long blog on this, but for now, read and be jealous. This is somewhat in the proper historical perspective. I am not including local bands who never did anything.

1. The Clash (forget opening act) - at the former Foxboro Stadium
2. The Beastie Boys (Public Enemy opening act) - The Providence Civic Center, now the Dunkin' Donuts Center
3. INXS (also forgot opening act) - at Great Woods, now the Tweeter Center
4. The Red Hot Chili Peppers (Screaming Trees opening act) - the Living Room
5. The Red Hot Chili Peppers (Fishbone opening act) - Club Baby Head
6. The Smithereens (forgetable opening act) - UMass Dartmouth
7. Jane's Addiciton (Lush opening act) - Rocky Point Palladium
8. Lollapalooza 1 - Great Woods, now the Tweeter Center
9. Janes Addiction (Reverend Horton Heat opening act) - Rocky Point Palladium
10. Pixies (Luscious Jackson opened up) - Rocky Point Palladium.
11. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (local bands opening) - Club Shonda
12. The Violent Femmes and They Might Be Giants - UMass Dartmouth
13. The Red Hot Chili Peppers (Nivana, Pearl Jam, opening act; yes you heard me right) - Rocky Point Palladium
14. The Red Hot Chilli Pepper (Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam opening act; Pumpkins replaced Nirvana, same your) - Lupos Heart Break Hotel
15. Clutch (forgetable opening acts) - The Middle East
16. Public Enemy (Boogie Down Productions) - Middle East
17. Faith No More (Sepultara, Helmet opening acts) - Rocky Point Palladium
18. Bad Religion (the SuperSuckers opening act) - Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
18. Eric Clapton - Great Woods
20. Fugazi (the Make Up opening act) Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
21. Ned Atomic Dustbin (Orange 9mm, who I actually went to see, opened up) - Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
22. Everclear (forgetable opening band) - Lupos's Heartbreak Hotel
22. Everclear (Tracy Bohnam, the Refreshments, and Dishwalla opening acts) - the Strand
24. 311 (No Doubt and Shootyz Groove opening act) - The Strand
25. Shootyz Groove (Gruvis Malt)- Opening Act.
25. The Amazing Royal Crowns (forgetable opening acts) - The Met Cafe
27. The Violent Femmes (fogetable opening acts) - McFadden's

There might be a few more in my memory banks, but we will explore that at another time.

The Saga of Room 302, Roger, Fatbug, Chickenhead, and assorted Godly things.
In High School and College, my self and several friends also did low run comic books (High School was before the advent of the web, or really extensive computer use, and College, was the very begining). Some memmorable ones?

FatBug.- Ultra violent sentient, man sized beetle, who because of jealously, assinated other superheros. Some of his greatest kills were Batman (Shot out his grapple, fell to his death), and Superman (Kryptonite Bullets). He slowly expanded to fight strange evil beings, who were mostly charicatures of people I did not like. I hope to some day revive him.

Chickenhead - A psychotic, cybernetically enhanced mansized chicken. Created by the Angry Piper. Basically liked to shoot and blow things up.

We used to like to pass sketch books around, and make comics. Someone would make a few pages, and the next would continue on with the story. This is where both JesusMan! and The Wraith got their starts, as well as many of the characters who might appear in the future. Some that won't:

Pube: the sentient pubic hair
Jerk Guy: Mr. Cool Shades.

And one of the greatest accomplishment, is the Saga of Room 302; Roger. Myself and several of my friends had class in this room at seperate times. Over the course of the week, we would each draw sequential comic panels, continuing the story on the desks, soon the walls, lasted about 6 months.

LINK EXCHANGE!!

For those of us afraid of the RSS technology . .
I have added a plain text reader to my site. This allows you to read my RSS feed with out downloading a reader or join a site that will read it for you. It replaces my "RubberSuit Studios Updates" on the main page. Instead, hit the "Headlines" and you will be given a page of real time (well 1/2 hour lag) updates for the site. It will also include every update I do, so if you miss something, you can go back and see it.

I am MALACH, here to make you life better through technology.

6 comments:

I am a bit older, and live in a area of the country which has lots of clubs, and welcomes acts.

BTW, like angry moo cows, you should just post animal noises everyso often.

The Angry Piper said...

To be honest, I don't know who created Chickenhead. I think it may have been the Angry Veteran. AV co-created him at the very least. And I don't remember Chickenhead having any cybernetics... he was just a big mean mutant with a grudge against Colonel Sanders and Frank Purdue.

The Whisper chopped his arm off, and he replaced it with a cybernetic arm.

Ttalor072 said...

COngratulation!The Helly Hansen Store shop
has a complete collection of workwear items
as well as many of our enjoyment clothing.
Dartmouth suits

Ttalor072 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.