George Lucas Must DIE!

5.14.2005

Ok, so I go the trilogy for the ole' birthday and have been rewatching it with my 3 year old. Star Wars of course is near and dear to my heart as it was the first movie I ever saw in the theater (thanks Memere). Now we all know how Mr. Lucas has "revamped" the old series more to his liking, and pretty much destroyed it with Episode I and II (and yes Episode III looks good, and really how can your screw up Vader's origins, but I won't hold my breath).

Ok, so I am watching Return of the Jedi with the my young son. And of course in this new DVD offering there are some changes, mostly computer enhancement and such. They actually added a longer part for the Emperor and new graphics for when Vader in talking to him via the holocommunicator in Empire Strikes Back, but that did not bother me as much, as the Emporer looked much better than the original, and it tied the orginals with the lastest.

OK, back to the story. So the Empire is defeated, the new Death Star destroyed, and the Ewok celebration begins . . . of course there are those new computer graphics scenes they added some time ago of the people going into the streets of Mos Eisley, Corsrucant, et al, and celebrating like the Red Sox just won the World Series . . . at least the removed the scene with the crowd surfing Stormtrooper. So then Luke, the ever brooding person he is, steps out from the Ewok party to confront the apparitions of his father, Yoda, and Obi-Wan. Here the kick in the balls . . . they replaced the old Annakin, and the actor who played him, with the greasy haired Hayden Christainsen Annakin. I just about fell out the window.

WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY!

George Lucas, what is you problem. Why take these classics and do this. It does not improve upon them? Georgie-poo, here's and idea. Remake the three of them, as you see fit. I am sure some studio will give you all the money you want to do this, and the brainwashed Star Wars masses, will sell the theaters out to see them (me included). WTF, why mess so much with the originals?

Now I won't go into the last two movies, do I really need to? My only comment is this, the Cartoon Network, Clone Wars, was so much better than these movies, should of had that team do them.

I am now sending Mind Bullets to Mr. Lucas as we speak . . ..

0 comments: